COMPETITION RULES „AFRICAN MIGRATION 2022”
1. The Competition „AFRICAN MIGRATION 2022” is organized by the Warsaw Economic Institute, Nowy Świat Street 33/13, 00-029 Warsaw, Reg. No. 520327307, Poland.
2. THE AIM OF THE COMPETITION IS:
a) to bring closer to European society the problems of African nations,
b) to identify the causes of current African migration,
c) to create migration policy and its appropriate tools,
d) to develop cooperation between Poland and African countries.
3. COMPETITION PARTICIPANTS MAY BE:
a) citizens of African countries considering migration to Poland,
b) foreigners from African countries residing temporarily in Poland,
c) age of participants: 18 – 35 years.
4. THE COMPETITION TASK INCLUDES:
a) preparation in English language an assay containing 5000 – 8000 characters (including spaces), only text without pictures,
b) topics: the reasons for emigration based on economic and political situation in the origin country, natural environment, social and cultural problems, life experiences, problems of foreigners in Poland,
c) the essay should be an original work with interesting message, without plagiarism,
d) the essays should be written honestly and truly and must not contain offensive, vulgar or racist content,
e) the work should be prepared in the form of the competition sheet and include: title, text of essay, first name and surname, address, country, age, email,
f) sending the essay by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPETITION SHEET (download)
COMPETITION RULES (download)
5. DURATION OF THE COMPETITION: from 5thFebruary 2022 to 5th April 2022.
a) the most interesting essays will be published at the website of the Warsaw Economic Institute and in the Report MIGRATION 2022, widely presented in media and on the political forum, as the basis for creating migration policy,
b) the authors of the selected and published essays receive free of tuition fee (only registration fee will be to pay) 6-month Polish language course or vocational business course, choosen from the current offer of the Warsaw Economic Institute, starting in 2022,
c) in the case of application to Warsaw Economic Institute, it will be confirmed the award as made payment of the tuition fee, and also the laureateship,
d) the competition organizer reserves the right to publish only fragments of the essays,
e) the winner cannot transfer the right to the award to third person,
f) the competition organizer does not intermediate in visa procedures.
7. PERSONAL DATA: By entering the competition, the participant agrees to processing of his personal data for the competition needs: first name and surname, address, age, e-mail and in the case of winners copy of the first page passport for confirmation.
8. ANONYMITY: The author, instead of the name can sign the essay for publication with a pseudonym, the address and email will be not published.
9. CONSENT: Competition participant confirms that:
a) he has read and accepted the Competition Rules,
b) he agrees to processing of his personal data in scope and purpose, specified in the Competition Rules.
10. PERSONAL DATA ADMINISTRATOR is Warsaw Economic Institute, Nowy Świat Street 33/13, 00-029 Warsaw.
Warsaw, 5th February 2022